Friday, November 1, 2013

Black pine

The pine was collected in spring 2009, and after two years of healthy growth I've decided to style it by wiring almost all branches and put them in a new position. At first I was satisfied with this styling, but I've realised that overall green mass was to big and it seems visually too heavy for this slender trunk, so I've removed everything except one branch this spring.

Less is More !!!

As tree has reacted very well, new work has been done. Still basic styling...


At the moment this is all that I will do...
It will seat in this pot for whole growing season of 2014 and maybe 2015 gaining strength, after it will be reported in some kind of round pot as shown on virtual. Trough this year or maybe next one more work must be done on improving deathwood and future steps towards growing and refining green mass.